Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dry Erase Message Center

Here is a quick picture of my Picture Frame Dry Erase Board that I keep in the kitchen. I write down whatever item I am out of or running low on and the store I purchase it from. I compile my list on Tuesday night and head out on Wednesday to shop. Also, works great for leaving messages/reminders to family members!






To make your own board you will need the following supplies:

1 Picture Frame.  I used a 11x 13.
Burlap, Fabric, or Scrapbook Paper to fit inside the picture frame cut to size of your frame
Embellishments for your frame.  I used silverware I found at a thrift store.  You could use just about anything or go minimalist and leave your frame plain.
Glue if you are attaching embellishments.  I used E600 glue to hold down my heavier silverware.
Tape or regular glue to tack down your background.
Dry Erase Markers

This project only took a matter of minutes to make!
I applied my silverware using a smoosh of E600 glue at each end of the flatware piece.  For the fork and spoon, apply glue at the underside of the fork tong and base of the spoon. Basically, the area that would lie flat if placed on a table.
While my silverware dried, I pulled out the backing of the picture frame and cut my burlap to size.  Tacked it down with a little double sided sticky tape, and slid it back into the frame.  

All done! Don't you feel highly accomplished and super crafty now??  I know I was beaming from ear to ear when this was done.  Felt like I finished the Mona Lisa.  Okay, who am I kidding?  I'm crafty....not an artist!!

Crafty Tip:  Buy a bunch of 4 x 6 frames from the thrift store or the dollar store.  Use light colored holiday scrapbook paper to fit frame backing.  Write the name of each dish, cheese, wine, whatnot and place near each item on your holiday buffet or table!!

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook at Fabulously Clever!!  

PIN ME....PIN ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment