Friday, January 18, 2013

Let's Talk Time Management Vs. Attention span

Since today happens to be errand day, Let's discuss some time management tips for running errands

 1. Have a plan before you run errands.

Start with having a list.  I was terrible about this!  I  zigzag through the city, 

I did not have a plan of action on where I needed to go, I would just go.  
Recently, I started a errand driving Routine & Reward system.
At certain times of the day there is less traffic, more green lights, and DISCOUNTS!
Did you know DONUTS Go on sale at the grocery store bakeries after NOON!




~~ Map it out~~ No Backtracking ~~ Work out your driving in a circle base & save Gas!

**Appointments should be set according to Your sleep cycles!
If you know You are normally up and running at 10am, 
Do not try to kill yourself stressing out trying to get there by 9am. 
Always start your daily schedule at 10am!
*Appointments First,, Banks Second,, Miscellanous running after the important stuff
Then a Quick Donut Pickup on the way Home no later than 3pm!

Find what works for you and then set it as your routine.



2.  Keep Tabby's
(No not the cats, but you can keep those as well)
If you have a routine set, tabbies on the fridge has always been a friendly way for reminding me, first that I am Fabulous, 2nd that I have Things to get accomplished!

Without those reminders, well, let's just say I'd pry forget!


Keeping an ongoing list of the places I need to go, what I need to buy, and what I need to return. 

 The best place to keep this list is in a central location. 
COFFEE Anyone? Well of course! (a tabby is spotted~ Hum I wonder what it says)


I use three magnetic backed list tear sheets that you find at Michaels or Dollar Tree.  
I attach them to the refrigerator, since that is where I keep the left over cake pops!

One page for Groceries/Things to buy.  
With Coupons from the weeks in a baggie (for cross checking stores)

The second one is for Things to do. ( thrifting, blogging, networking, my nails etc)
I also use this list for "random" things I need to remember. (who to call back, etc)

 Last list is places I need to go. (doctors, returns, car washings, dog groomers etc) 

 I Take these Tabbies with me as I'm out running my errands so I can stay on track.
The backs have sticky tabs, so Sticking them on my forehead helps out while I check my rear view mirror as the guy behind me rides my bumper!!

 3. Make it Fun!

Since this is something I only do once a week, I make an event out of it.
I mean Seriously!
This is WHY I buy My Vintage and Chunky Jewelry!

I will dress up cute in one of my favorite sassy outfits.  
Splash on a little makeup and be ready to flash my smile. 
While I am out, I pick up my favorite beverage and treat.

In fact the other day I juggled My McDonalds Iced Coffee & Discount Donuts
While Wearing my Little black Dress, a pair of heels,
I Happen to SCORE BIG TIME
On some Faux Corner Trees for Home Staging!
It was rather Humourous Thinking of what The other shoppers may have Witnessed!
BUT I MADE IT WORK!
Those 6ft tall ficus DO FIT IN A SEDAN!
I did not lose a tree, a heel, the coffee or a donut in the fiasco!
I’m in a great mood while dealing w/ cranky sales people,
Because I know I can come home & Spend some time Blogging about my own adventures!

Wait
What?
Carry on~

~Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment